Wednesday, September 26, 2007

you're the chain, you're the rope



Charlotte Gainsbourg with Air, playing "Everything I Cannot See" on Canal Plus TV in France. This is probably the song on her album, "5:55", that I will listen to on repeat. I think she takes after her mother so much vocals-wise, but negates the high, schoolgirl-perv element and replaces it with a kind of melancholy that is so beautiful. I love the chorus so much, how it's just a run-on sentence, and how she sighs at the beginning, and every time it gets more and more exasperated. Coincidentally, whenever I think of her music, I think of doing it. Not that it's like looking at a Playboy for me or anything, it's more just like an acknowledgement in my head. "Yep...that's what it's about." I think it's all the whispering and intimacy and singing about vulnerability and touching and stuff.

Strangely, while trying to find this video, I found a ten minute video of her smoking in films she's been in. Weird.

No comments: